Saturday, July 28, 2007

Trip to Gatlinburg

Yesterday, we went with Jonathan and Becky to Ripley's Aquarium in Gatlinburg. (For those of you who don't know, Jonathan is my brother, and Becky is his wife). Jamin and I have been there a few times each but they had never been. It was so much fun! It doesn't matter how many times you go. We had a blast! I have a picture of all four of us, but it's on Jonathan's camera...I'll try to get it later.

Aren't they sweet?



They had a new Mars exhibit. There were some neat things, but there were also some things that talked about evolution and global warming. We went quickly through this part. :)

After about 2 hours in the aquarium, we fought through traffic and ate a quick supper at Burger King. Then we headed out to the ballgame! This is always a fun experience, minus the beer-drinkers all around. The Smokies killed the MudCats 14-1. Needless to say, it wasn't much of a game. It also rained from about the 6th to 9th innings, but just enough to get us damp.



The ended the game with a Fireworks Extravaganza. Beautiful! But I worried a little about the baby through the loud bangs.


We had a great day, and got home just a little after midnight. I absolutely crashed, then took a huge nap today...I think I'm all caught up!! We are so glad we're close to our families for a while and get to spend time with them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys had a good time. We always enjoy the aquarium. Owen LOVED watching the fish.

When I was pregnant with Kyra, Chris' uncle threw a firecracker on the ground near us to scare us, but Kyra, literally, jumped in my belly. Like, jumped jumped. It scared her. I still remember what a crazy feeling it was. :)

~~Rachel
www.nothinggold.net