Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Camping fun?

Okay, so camping has never been one of my favorite things. You have to get all dirty, you have to sleep in a tent. You have to build a fire, then cook your food. You get bug bites and sun burns. There are wild animals around. But we went camping!

We had a great first day! We cooked hamburgers over the fire. We set up our own "Hillbilly Golf" game and played it. We enjoyed talking and spending time with each other. It's so much fun to play with my nephews. And the little one is getting so big. It's fun to hear him try to say new words. He is a busy little guy...kind of hard to keep up with. :)

It really was fun...except for the rain. It rained quite a bit. The first evening, it got all the blankets wet in my sister's tent. So we drove a long way to a laundromat to get them all dry. The second day (Tuesday), it rained a little during the day, then all night long, along with some pretty fierce wind. It was pretty rough. Plus, on the way to a laundromat, we saw an animal running across the road. We are calling it a bear. It really looked like a bear. Then we saw two wild boars running up the side of the bank! Talk about being paranoid the rest of the night! Other than that, we had a great time!

Waiting out the rain in our tent. I know you all miss my makeup as much as I do.



They're pretending to love each other! (l to r: Daniel, Braden, and Ryder)

The tent...partially collapsed after Tuesday night's monsoon. Luckily, it was not our tent.

We really enjoyed being together. Once again, I failed to get a group shot. That's just a tough thing to do. I really love making s'mores on the campfire, I love spending time with my nephews, I love being where it's quiet...I just don't love camping!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the rain. Wish your first camping experience was a little bit better. We don't want you to give up on it totally. Those experiences do make for the best stories, you know.:)

Alicia Reagan said...

Okay, so now I am having second thoughts about going. What a great father and son experience!:)
I am glad that you got to spend time wuth your family but I am really hearing "...come to the mall..." echoes in the background aren't you? I am just teasing. If it hadn't rained you probably would have enjoyed it better. I know Hillbilly Golf had to be fun! Did you play any better? That is one game I have not been able to improve much in. Oh well, next time ya'll come - we will beat you!!

Joy said...

Alicia, the mall does sound good. :)

Stephen Troell said...

My idea of camping is Holiday Inn Express!!! Glad you had a good time!