Friday, March 9, 2007

Houses, Husbands, and Hard Workouts

Nothing terribly exciting has been happening here lately. Jamin's boss has had some trouble with people being sick and hurt and things like that, so Jamin has worked every day this week. This is nice for the wallet, especially since it's tax time right around the corner. We've forgotten what a tax return is!

I've been keeping pretty busy, even doing some spring cleaning! I've actually been pretty obsessive about the house this week. I usually keep it clean - this week I'm keeping it spotless. It's SO much easier to do it every day for a few hours than one day a week for....well, the whole day! This is a principle I've learned but have yet to practice faithfully for more than a month or so at a time. But I'm trying hard to be like my mom in this matter, the perfect housekeeper.

Twice a month, we have Ladies' Bible Study at my house for the church ladies. It is a time I always enjoy, but particularly this week. The lesson was about the sweet relationship between a husband and wife. One thing that really stuck out to me is that I affect my husband in so many ways. I want him to be his best for God. Sometimes I think I know what he needs and where he needs to improve, but I have learned to let God lay things on my heart to pray for him. After all, God knows him better than I do. Also, the things I say affect him, and affect what others think about him. This will be very important down the road when Jamin is a pastor. Even a comment that isn't meant to bash him, can hurt the confidence others have in his walk with the Lord (for lack of a better term, people should never have confidence in other people). For instance, if I say, "Jamin forgot to take out the trash...again." Even if said in jest, others can think he is lazy or irresponsible. "Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips." Psalm 141:3

Being alone all week has been good for my exercise schedule. It's hard for me to do it when Jamin is home. It's hard for me to do anything when he is home! You wives can agree with this. Why is that you can do more in an hour when you're by yourself than all day when it's his day off?? :) But my workouts have been going great and I'm starting to see results. Jamin is even noticing without me having to point things out. We won't go into detail about the 'results,' but it is exciting to see something happening. I'm getting better at the Pilates too. It takes a while to get in the groove of it, but I think I'm getting a little more flexible!

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy Pilates, too. I need to get back to doing it. I've been a lazy blob lately. :)

Good point about the husband/wife thing. I know I need to work on that.