Friday, March 23, 2007

Fun With Our Teens

Almost every Thursday since we've been here, we've had Teen Gym Night at a local elementary school. It's so much fun, and it has always been one of the highlights of my week. Last night was our last one. Next week, the schools have parent/teacher conferences, and the week after is Spring break. So anything special at the school knocks us out. It was pretty sad to think of it being our last teen night. Here are some shots from the last few teen nights.

Black Hole Soccer

Time for devotions...
Oh, the romance of it all!
Dodgeball
Two of my sweet girls
By the way, any photographer tips for gym shots?? They're so difficult.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet you were sad last night, huh? I enjoyed the pictures. Gym shots ARE hard. Maybe your brother can help you out there. :)

I like your Oakdale shirt. Even in Michigan, you are representin'. :)

joy said...

I sure do remember you and your husband. Cant forget another Joy! You probably remember me scrubbing all those dishes in the kitchen :op

It looks like you all are happy and serving faithfully in your church. I enjoy your blog, especially all the pictures!

Thanks for the sweet comment about my girls. I love to show them off:o)

Anonymous said...

Ok, here's the photo geek coming out.....

If your camera has an Aperture mode ("A" mode), go there instead of just using automatic. Set it to the lowest number. That opens up the hole in the lens to let in the most light.

Then open up your flash and hope for the best... :) To do shots like that you really need a bigger flash - I can't remember if your camera has a mount on it, but if it does, a bigger flash would help a LOT...