Friday, March 19, 2010

Project "Love Our Home" Post #6

It has been a busy week!

It all started Monday morning at Lowe's. We got almost all the rest of our supplies. We just had to buy a few more things from another store. And I'm afraid we still need a few more paint rollers. :)

My poor tired boys leaving Lowe's! They have done great through all this hard work. :)

The kitchen cabinets got some paint this week. This is after the first coat. I had already spray-painted all the hardware.
I LOVE my kitchen cabinets!! LOVE them! I think they look a little contemporary. So who knows what style I will end up with in my kitchen. I want a little country-primitive, but I'm very traditional at heart. It will all pull together with these contemporary cabinets! :)

New vanity for the bathroom. It has a granite top and was on sale! :) It is very beautiful. Don't worry, the colors will blend in a few more shopping trips. ;)

New storm door on the back. :)

Hall closet framed in and ready for paint... and a door. :)
A closet door! Hide that water heater and furnace, please. :)
Baseboards everywhere!! The house had old baseboard heaters when we bought it. So, in every room, there was at least one baseboard heater. Everywhere the heater WAS, left a huge gap of no baseboard. So... it's going to be tricky to get them back in. We had to buy some new baseboards of course, to make up for where the heaters were. We're going to do the LR with new baseboards, and use all this to piece together in the other rooms! Anyone want to help?

My front door getting a makeover!
My painted front door and new storm door! I love it!!!!!

Boys playing outside! Truly, I am thankful for the beautiful weather, and our fenced-in backyard. We can just work and pop our heads out to check on Jackson!
My sweet Timothy playing outside! He loves it!

And... this would be Timothy getting into the paint! It's bound to happen sooner or later when you are painting with a two-year-old and a crawling baby. :)

Finished hallway and pretty closet doors!

Hallway... the color ended up great. We are without a lot of light right now, so it looks kind of dark, but once the lights are back in... voila!

Kitchen! :)

Thanks to all who are keeping up with our home projects! We think we just need a good two to three days of work to finish! There are a few other things that our contractor friend is getting done... septic work and new gutters. Other than that, we should be packing mid-next week! :) After we move in, I'm going to post room-by-room before-and-afters. I think it will be fun. I know everyone will be shocked! :)

3 comments:

Peggy said...

The over all difference is amazing!!

Stephanie said...

Loving all of it...my favorites are the cabinet and the red door. Can't wait for the before and after pictures

wilkersonhome said...

Joy, I enjoy checking in here when I can... just love your style and creativity! Thank you for sharing with us! Jeri Lynn