Friday, March 12, 2010

Project "Love Our Home" Post #5

Okay, so the work goes on! and on, and on... :D We stayed ALL week, Monday afternoon through Friday afternoon. We didn't really work on Thursday (we spent the day with friends), but we did work hard the rest of the week.

We've heard people say many times, "You just don't know what you're going to get into." It is SO true! Early in the week, Jamin found a drip in the tub. Sigh. Apparently the glue had not dried when they screwed the pipes together... hence a small leak. And on the back side of the tub... our brand new furnace! So, it was hard to work on. But, my wonderful husband found a way and took care of that drip. It's finally done now!

We started on kitchen cabinets. We sanded them down, and primed them. I spray-painted all the hardware last week, so we're ready for paint!
(By the way, I'm hoping to get new counter-tops before we move in!)

The bathroom paint dried beautiful!! I love the color! We're getting a black vanity which will help it not look so off-balance. :) I can't wait! (and yes, my camera lens is very dirty!)

The boys' room finally saw a coat of paint on Wednesday. I touched it up today. I love, love, LOVE the color! It's the perfect baby blue! We also primed and painted the window and door trim. Voila! A brand new room! (Except for sanding the floor and putting the baseboards up)

Kitchen all primed and ready for a couple coats of Caramel or Cappuccino. :)

Living room window getting primed. I just love crisp white trim! It automatically updates a room!

On the family side... Jackson has been exploring the yard. It's so cute! He loves to play back there while we work. Today, he got my hand and said "You come wis me." So sweet!
Working hard??? :) We all need a break sometimes!
My bibbed boys! :)

This has been a GREAT and very profitable week of work. We're tired!! We should be getting the rest of our supplies at the beginning of the week, then we can start to see the beginning of the end! :)

What we accomplished:
  • The tub and shower COMPLETE... really this time. :)
  • The boys' room totally painted!!
  • The living room and kitchen totally primed
  • The cabinets totally primed
  • Lots of trim primed and painted
  • Smoke detectors hooked up
Yea!! I'm hoping we'll be finished in two more weeks! Hoping!

4 comments:

Peggy said...

Love these pics! Boys so cute! And the kitchen looks so different already with the primed cabinets.

Alicia Reagan said...

Oh Joy! You were right when you said you had got a lot done and it looked different from when I was there last. We were going to come by when we got back into town this evening but it started raining just as we got in West Union so I didn't want to get out in it. I can't wait to come help you some!

tascha said...

looks like you are are gettin so much done!! YEAH :) I'm so excited for when you post all the "done" pictures - i like your color schemes

heidi said...

Joy, the house is looking great!!! What a fun project you & Jamin are doing together!!! I can't wait to see the boys' room when it's done!..actually it will be fun to see it all, LOVE the colors you've chose!=)