Saturday, September 20, 2008

Scary and Sweet

Scary...



Oh yes, this huge spider was in my bathroom Thursday. I was absolutely petrified! Jamin wasn't home yet (of course), so I called him rather frantically, wondering what to do. I didn't want to squish it with my foot or something, yuck! But I couldn't leave it until Jamin got home, not with a baby crawling around. I finally got a great idea. I occasionally have ants in my kitchen sink. So instead of spending forever squishing each one, I just spray them with Lysol. So I hung up the phone and braved my way back into my bathroom and stood on top of the toilet seat. I set my Lysol to "stream" and sprayed away...



It was dead in a few minutes. I had to switch to some Grease Lightning when my Lysol ran low (I only started with about an inch anyway). So I was absolutely shaking like a leaf all over. But I managed to get a few pictures like a good little blogger. I'm glad it's over. I left it for Jamin to see, and to pick up and throw away for me.

I can't just post something nasty, so...



Sweet....



Click to play My Boy
Create your own photobook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox photobook



I have some more pictures and a few cute videos to post soon. Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

joy said...

EEK, ack, ugh!

We too just had a monster spider experience a few days ago. I sprayed him with Comet scrubbing bubbles :op

I STILL get the creeps when I think about it!

The Pepin Family said...

Ick!!!!! My sweet, beautiful little 7-year old daughter caught one that size about a week ago...and wanted to take it to school for show and tell. :D

Anonymous said...

Hey, Joy. I tagged you for a meme.http://www.nothinggold.net/blog/archives/1056

Love ya!
Rachel
www.nothinggold.net

The Radanks said...

That is so funny, cuz I would do the same thing. I would probably have just locked it in the bathroom. :) I dont think I am even brave enough to try Lysol, but will keep that in mind. A few months ago, I was sitting on the couch and heard something buzzing between the blinds and the window. I discovered it was a bee, took Jackson upstairs and locked ourselves in the upstairs bedroom until Bob got home. :) Messed up I know! I cant believe how big your Jackson is. He is so very cute. Cant believe how fast they are growing up. My Jackson is 11 months today. Wow