Sunday, June 22, 2008

Our Anniversary Trip

June 11 was our 4th anniversary. I can't believe how fast time has gone by. We are so happy together! Life is not without its problems and selfish, unhappy moments. But we are so happy with the path that God has chosen for our lives.

For our anniversary trip, we took a drive up to Dayton for two nights. There is a National Air Force Museum there. It was really a ton of fun!

Here's Jackson sitting up for the very first time in our motel room. :) Cutie. (He's watching TV too; he LOVES it.)

The Wright brothers

Being good in the stroller
Did you know that Jimmy Stewart was a highly decorated general in the Air Force? I thought this was really neat. Probably everybody already knows it but me. :)

Planes everywhere!

Holding down the bombs

Our happy family



A new favorite snack


Huge rockets



Later that night, we met up with Jeanene and Jase for a Mexican supper. We had a great time catching up with all our kids.

Our traditional before-we-leave-the-motel picture

We loved the museum and highly recommend it. It had free admission and parking. It even had a Presidential hangar. You have to have an i.d. and reservations to see it. They have President Kennedy's Air Force One there. We didn't get to go because we didn't really know about it until they were filled up for the day. They also have an IMAX, which we did. It costs extra, but it's worth it. I love trips away....so fun!

Around the house...

My big sitter

More to come...have a great week!

9 comments:

Doug and Jennifer Gross said...

I didn't know that about Jimmy Stewart either! Now I have a fun fact to see if Doug knows! I'm glad you had a good trip. I can't believe it's been 4 years either!

Anonymous said...

It DOES look like a fun place! And once again,it's great to see my little cutie. See you soon!
Love,
Mom

Tom & Kandice Keegan said...

That sounds like so much fun! I've been wanting to go there for a while now. It's only about 45 minutes from us too. That is neat about Jimmy Stewart. We're about to celebrate our 4th anniversary too! I can't believe it's been that long...I remember talking about planning our weddings. Didn't seem that long ago. Happy Anniversary! -Kandice

Jennie Bender said...

Happy Anniversary! I remembered! You are a day before us. We just celebrated eight years--that is hard to believe. So happy for you.

I have been to that museum many times. You need to go up that way for the fourth of July fireworks--it is awesome. I love it and miss it every year. It is really something to see and HEAR=)

Catch you later=)
Jennie

Alicia Reagan said...

Happy, happy day!! I am glad that you all had a a great time! Your pictures are so cute!

Buffy said...

I can't believe how much he has grown. He is SOOO BEAUTIFUL!!!(handsome, sorry Bro.Jamin)I just want to squeeze him. Hey wait, I just remembered, maybe I can!! You're at your Mom's!!!

Buffy said...

I can't believe how much Jackson has grown! He IS SOOOOO BEAUTIFUL!! (Handsome, sorry Bro. Jamin) I really need to squeeze him. Hey wait, I just remembered, maybe I can. I've got to go now I'm going to give you a call.

Jen Bartlett said...

Jackson is getting so big! Can you believe he's sitting up already? It's amazing how fast time flies by!

Daniel & Heidi Schatz said...

Hey Joy!! Congrats on your anniversary!! Jackson is getting so big and so cute! You look beautiful in all the pics...ya'll are such a cute family!! Take care! Hey and I'm just putting it together that ya'll work at the Reagan's church.=)