Saturday, April 14, 2007

Hello from rainy Tennessee

We pulled in last night at 10:30pm. It was a long, long move. Everyone is exhausted, but PRAISE THE LORD for safety! When you spend about 18 hours on the road driving 4 vehicles, it is amazing to reach your destination unharmed. We are thankful the Lord kept us all very safe. And as far as we know, only one flower pot was broken. :) Thank you all for your prayers.

Jamin and I drove to Bay City, MI on Wednesday to pick up the Penske truck. We parked it in our backyard. Overnight, it snowed several inches. After we loaded it up (almost full) on Thursday, it was stuck in the snow! Jamin could not drive it out. My brother hooked up his pick-up truck to it, and our neighbor also came over to help with his truck. It took about 30 minutes to get the truck into the driveway. I was having a few panicky thoughts, seeing visions of unloading everything so we could move a lighter truck.


I have tons of pictures on the way, but the transition will take a while. We buried our external hard drive somewhere, which holds all the pictures. So I can't unload my camera without it. Also we buried our pillows, so I had to improvise. It will take a little longer to find out what else we're missing. :)

More to come soon!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you made it to TN. Looking forward to seeing ya'll soon. Love you both!
Jeanene

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so glad you made it safely. I thought about calling you today, but I figured you might be napping between services...trying to recover from the move. Maybe we could get together one day this week. I don't know what your schedule is like, but I'd like to take you to lunch. If not this week, maybe next.

Welcome home! :)

Anonymous said...

J and J, Glad you made it home safely. We already miss you! I have been praying for you. We had a wonderful bus conference, 20 went on the new bus. Phil got baptized last night and Justin brought a visitor named John who got saved. More later! Love ya, Martha

The Pepin Family said...

Welcome back to Tennessee! Glad to hear you FINALLY made it. I'm sure you feel great relief! Hope to see you all soon!

ap

Stephanie said...

Good to hear you made it to Tennesse safetly,we sure do miss you. I guess Mrs. Martha gave you all the updates already, we had a very exciting week. I hope to talk to you soon.