Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Our trip

was pretty fun. Jamin got better late Friday afternoon, but continued to sleep the entire day and night. I'm so glad he's better, and that I didn't get sick!



The sickness didn't change our plans for our trip, but the weather did. Last year, we were going to go to Traverse City for two nights for my birthday, but the biggest snow storm of the year hit, and we were unable to go anywhere at all. So the weather got bad this weekend; not so much here, but where we were going. So we had to alter our plans and go a lot closer. We ended up nowhere special, but in a nice place where we could simply relax. We had a pizza delivered and just stayed in our room. I brought along some games, and we even went to the exercise room for about an hour. We had so much fun! Jamin wanted to see how fast and far he could run. He has pretty good endurance. He jogged and ran most of the way for 1.5 miles. I went a little farther, but didn't jog quite so much. The funny thing is that when you get off, your legs feel wobbly, and you feel like everything is moving. I guess it takes some getting used to! We really want to save up and buy a treadmill. It would be so nice, especially here where you can't walk outside in the winter. The next day we did some shopping, again, nowhere special, but this time I actually had some money (thanks for all the birthday cards). Here we are in orange. Thanks for the shirt, Mom, and the skirt, Becky!
One of the things I bought was a Winsor Pilates DVD. I tried the workout this morning. I didn't feel like it was very effective. Maybe the reason is that I am not flexible enough to fold in half. :) I'm going to keep trying it to see if I like it - it's supposed to work wonders! What workout do they NOT say that about?! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry your plans had to be changed, but I am glad you had a good time.
Pretty picture, btw.

The Pepin Family said...

Hi, Joy! Thanks for the comment about the kids...so sweet! When I have more time I plan to check out your blog more thoroughly.

I just happened to notice something you said about Pilates. I have been doing PIlates for about 2 years and I love it! I think it definitely changes the body, drastically, and makes it strong. I don't use Windsor, though, I use the Pilates 10-minute Solution. There are 5 different workouts, 10 minutes each, that each work a different part of the body. I love it!

I'll check back with you later...can't wait to see all your pics! Have a great day!