Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Ladies' Tea

Jamin and I were able to go to the Bible Conference at Temple Baptist in Powell this year! I was so excited to go! We were there Monday night for the alumni banquet and the evening service. Then Tuesday afternoon, there was a ladies' tea. It was so much fun!! I really enjoyed it. I got to see some college friends. And Mrs. Schaap was there and she was the special speaker. The Lord really convicted me about how He loves me unconditionally and how we should love others unconditionally. She said if we store up enough of God's love, we can never stay unhappy. It was a wonderful time!

Mrs. Sexton welcoming everyone to the tea.


My sweet friend from college, Ruth. Ruth and I traveled together and sang for the college one summer. She is such a sweet friend.

Alicia, and Sue (our deacon's wife)

The beautiful centerpiece (a bad picture of it :)

Yummy food. It was all so pretty. And the orchid was edible. I tasted it. It was kind of like lettuce... not much to it. :)

Yullie Stancil leading a few choruses

Mrs. Schaap teaching us

Alicia and I. I thank God for my great friend!

Angie Tomlinson and I. Angie taught me to proofread during the short time I worked for the church. And she and her husband traveled all summer when I was with the college trio.

Mrs. Schaap and I. I'm so thankful I was able to cross paths with her.

It was such a great time. I just love getting together with God's people.

2 comments:

Alicia Reagan said...

That was so much fun!! I enjoyed our time together. You took good pictures!! Love you!!

joy said...

Nice pictures! I know the lady way in the background in the 3rd picture.

One of my goals in life is to go back to Temple/Crown for some sort of Alumni banquet or conference and EAT off the plates and not wash any of them! I've washed many a plate during my time there. They sure were good times too!