Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Happiness

We are loving life right now. Things are going so great. Of course, life can always be great when you have the Lord. But, you know what I'm talking about, the sun is shining, you've got money for groceries, everyone's healthy. I can't remember if I blogged about it or now, but Jamin has a job now. He is working for a man in our church who does excavating. The best thing about it, is that it is flexible, and Jamin will be working with someone he enjoys spending time with. The Lord is so good to us!


We started a club for our church kids Sunday night after church. It is called Keepers of the Faith. The boys' part is Contenders for the Faith, and the girls' part is Keepers at Home. It's kind of a Boy/Girl Scout kind of thing, but completely Christian. They can earn badges for learning their skills, and there is a lot of Bible reading and Bible memory they can earn badges for. It is a huge program, and very flexible for you to make into your own. I'm starting with quilting with the girls, and Jamin is doing tools with the boys. We've just had one club so far, so now we can see the kinks we need to work out. It's really exciting!

Okay, here are the pictures:

Jackson still doesn't know how to "jump" in his Jonny Jump-Up, but he likes to sit in it. Here, he's gotten tired and wants out.

Mimi got him this Precious Moments boy that says a prayer. He loves it!

He loves to hold his hands together, like a polite little gentleman.

"I'm so happy Daddy's home from work!"

Caught red-handed, chewing on Daddy's notepad!

Tummy Time (I'm trying to force him into rolling over!)

He fell asleep playing yesterday...so adorable! Notice his hand still on the toy!

Chubby fingers (yes, I know I need to cut his nails; they grow as fast as mine)

Chubby cheeks

Dream little sweet dreams
Baby, go to sleep
While I rock you gently
And cuddled you keep
Dream little sweet dreams
Of a game or toy
While I thank Jesus
For my sleeping little boy

14 comments:

Jase Divens said...

Do I see a tear on that first picture of Jackson?! Bless his heart. Mommy's making him play. Aren't they sad. Just kidding!
Aunt Jeanene:)
PS Love y'all!

Doug and Jennifer Gross said...

Aww, he's so cute! I can't wait! Last night at church I was holding Mark and thinking, "I'm going to have one of these in a few months!"

Matt and Trisha Bookout said...

It was good to hear from you. Sorry it took so long for me to update my blog. I'm so glad to hear Jamin got a job. Praise the Lord! I can't believe how fast Jackson is growing! What a doll! :) Love ya!

By the way, I'm singing "Gone" on Sunday with another lady in the church. Sure wish you & Ruth were here to sing with! I miss it! It would fun to sing together one more time.

Matt and Trisha Bookout said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
wilkersonhome said...

Glad you are having "happy" days, and Jamin got a great job! Jackson is a doll baby!

Jennie Bender said...

Don't worry, he will start getting around sooner than you think! You won't be able to keep up! Trust me, I have to hyper girls who refuse to stop--until they are made to go to bed! He is getting so big! I love the picture of you holding him, you look so beautiful! Catch you later!

Jennie

Shane and Kristy Davis said...

Praise the Lord for the new job. I love the little poem and chubby cheeks.

Gages said...

Jackson is such a handsome little boy. I like the picture of him chewing on the notepad. Olivia puts anything and everything in her mouth...especially paper. I wonder why they find it so interesting?
Michelle

MaMa Vaughn said...

Jackson is so cute! I always love seeing your pictures!! Keep it up!!

Anonymous said...

What can I say--Mimi's sweet boy!
Love, Mom

The Pepin Family said...

What a cutie! :)

Alicia Reagan said...

Did you write that poem? You are so talented!!! I love ya and your chubby-cheeked little guy!

Steph said...

hey joy,
this is stephanie manus lankford from crown. shad and i have a blog now. i was trying to let as many people as i could find know about it. it's shadandsteph.blogspot.com
it's so good to see you and your family
steph

Stephanie Fowler said...

He is such a cutie! Glad to see you all are doing well. Looking forward to being with you next week.