Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Bits and pieces...

of our great trip!

Monday, April 30 we spent the day in the Smoky Mountains. We had so much fun, but it was kind of hot! Here comes summer!


We didn't have our tripod; the best we could do was not very comfortable. I was trying very hard not to slide off!



We spent the week with Jamin's parents in Rural Retreat, Va (try to say that ten times fast), where we didn't take any pictures. The next Monday we drove to Richmond to see more family - Jase, Jeanene, and Jarrod. (Visit The Divens.) We spent the week there. We had so much fun. Here are some pictures taken in Colonial Williamsburg (mostly by Jase). Tuesday, May 8.



Should we help them out? Nah!!



Sweet Jarrod

Sunday afternoon (5/13 - Mother's Day), we drove to Roanoke Rapids, NC where Doug and Jennifer Gross live. We had not seen them since their wedding two years ago. We had so much fun. Monday night, (5/14) we went to a Carolina Mud Cats game. The Mud Cats are AA Minor League Baseball. We had a great time, and they almost won!

It made me mad when I realized that in last pictures we took, I was wearing the same clothes.


This is Muddy, their mascot. In case you're wondering, he is a catfish with legs and a tail. :)





The next day we drove back to Rural Retreat to finish out the week. Jamin worked with his dad for his uncle for a few days. Then we came back to Tennessee that Saturday, May 19. Whew! I think that covers everything. I love traveling! Thank you to all the people we stayed with and saw along the way. Thanks for all the meals, the gas, the trips. We love you all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for pictures! It looks like you had a great time. I'm glad you're back, though. We're going to have to go have lunch again. Soon. :)

~~Rachel
www.nothinggold.net

Stephanie Fowler said...

Joy, thanks for sharing pictures from your trip. I am glad you had a good time. Glad we were able to shake hands during church on part of your trip :) Lookng forward to keeping up with you.

Anonymous said...

Joy,
It looks like you had such a wonderful time visiting friends and family. I am jealous of your time with Jeanene!:)
We are looking forward to you coming and visiting us sometime. I read your comment on Stephanie's post(about maybe liking to speak someday) so...I thought maybe we could plan a date for you all to come near our monthly ladies meeting (last Tuesday of every month) and then you all could hang over and you could speak for us. How about that? I would love it! I guess we can figure all that out whenever Jamin calls Jimmy to set up a time to come. Love to you all!
Alicia

Joy said...

Ahhh... I meant someday as in 5 or 10 years from now. But it sounds kind of good too. I will think and pray about it. ;) Thanks for the offer.